The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Great news for Nook HD and Nook HD+ owners!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:59 pm 
I've always admired the new Nook HD and HD+ tablets from Barnes and Noble. In fact I bought one for my wife this past Christmas and she enjoys using it daily. Until today, however, these tablets had one huge drawback. Poor application selection and almost nothing for chess players. Now that has all changed. With the latest software update, Nook HD and HD+ owners will have full access to the Google Play Store! This opens up the ability to load and play hundreds of chess apps on these tablets. Good move Barnes and Noble!
http://kantack.com/chess

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Great news for Nook HD and Nook HD+ owners!
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:41 pm 
I see there is a handheld chess thread now so I'll move my future postings regarding tablets to that section.

Just wanted to mention that the Nook HD and HD+ are now on sale. $50 off the 7 inch Nook HD putting it at $149. $90 off the 9 inch Nook HD+ giving it a sale price of $179. (Prices good thru Mother's Day.)

Combine that with the new software update and you've got some fantastic buys for a tablet that can run Android chess apps.

http://kantack.com/chess

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]