The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:10 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Post-A-Log chess recorder!! Help Please.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:45 pm 
I am trying to find a site that still sells those "Post-A-Logs" because I still use them even with my computer storing games. I play on a CC team and use this product all the time, the trouble is I can't find them anymore. I am really wanting to find out where there are any being sold, if you know a place could you let me know? I would appreciate it a ton I really would. It's weird though, I knew the man that invented them Joe Viggiano and I would go to his house and buy the inserts and then I stopped playing for a few years and when I went back full time playing chess I tried to get some more inserts etc, and found out Joe had died. Well this was sad news because he was a really nice man. Well I then tried to contact his son George who the last address I had was in Florida so I wrote him a snail mail because I couldn't find an email or Facebook or any other way of getting in touch with him, well the snail mail came back un-answered because it said the address is not for that person. So now I have no idea how to get in touch with him. The even stranger thing is I can't find this product anywhere on the internet and that has blown my mind really, lol. So if you know anyplace or anyone that uses this product or knows someone else that does it would be awesome. My email is: blokey@comcast.net And my Facebook contact name is: Nalan Barry Lokey. Sorry to go on a bit, but thanks and have a great day, Barry :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Post-A-Log chess recorder!! Help Please.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:43 pm 
Nakann wrote:
I am trying to find a site that still sells those "Post-A-Logs" because I still use them even with my computer storing games. I play on a CC team and use this product all the time, the trouble is I can't find them anymore. I am really wanting to find out where there are any being sold, if you know a place could you let me know? I would appreciate it a ton I really would. It's weird though, I knew the man that invented them Joe Viggiano and I would go to his house and buy the inserts and then I stopped playing for a few years and when I went back full time playing chess I tried to get some more inserts etc, and found out Joe had died. Well this was sad news because he was a really nice man. Well I then tried to contact his son George who the last address I had was in Florida so I wrote him a snail mail because I couldn't find an email or Facebook or any other way of getting in touch with him, well the snail mail came back un-answered because it said the address is not for that person. So now I have no idea how to get in touch with him. The even stranger thing is I can't find this product anywhere on the internet and that has blown my mind really, lol. So if you know anyplace or anyone that uses this product or knows someone else that does it would be awesome. My email is: blokey@comcast.net And my Facebook contact name is: Nalan Barry Lokey. Sorry to go on a bit, but thanks and have a great day, Barry :lol: :lol:

Being Dutch, (hmmm) I don't exactly know what they are, it is something like this:
http://www.photoree.com/photos/permalin ... 119419@N00
Not just ordinary notation forms or notation booklets?

My first guess is to contact the USCF and see if they know where to obtain them, or even better the ICCF http://www.iccf.com/.
Maybe they can help you.

Good luck,

Post subject: Re: Post-A-Log chess recorder!! Help Please.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:55 pm 
Quote:
Being Dutch, (hmmm) I don't exactly know what they are, it is something like this:
http://www.photoree.com/photos/permalin ... 119419@N00
Not just ordinary notation forms or notation booklets?

My first guess is to contact the USCF and see if they know where to obtain them, or even better the ICCF http://www.iccf.com/.
Maybe they can help you.

Good luck,

Wow first of all I can't say thanks enough of the response I have had here!!! I have tried a lot of others and people don't even bother to send anything, lol. So really thanks. Well I'm not Dutch and I know what they are and still can't find them, lol Your photo link is exactly what I'm looking for. Like I said I knew the inventor and never thought this would be such an ordeal trying to find them. I tried again the Canadian Chess site and still can't get any results, for me the links I clicked on were not doing anything so I will try another way to contact someone there. I would have never believed this would be so hard on the internet trying to locate this product, lol it's amazing to me to say the least. I am a member of USCF and contacted them and a woman from there called me on my cell number I gave her and informed me they don't carry them, which I knew because I go to the USCF web store all the time, and she knew of no one else that sells these either. I am looking everywhere and have been as well today so it's becoming a pain, lol. I could make my own at this point, lol. In any case thanks once again for your reply, and have please a great day and many chess wins, later Barry.

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]