The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:35 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Pawn

Post subject: Alternative to DGT board for use with Fritz?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:33 pm 
Does anyone know of an alternative i.e. cheaper alternative to the DGT board for use with fritz?

While I would love a DGT board and will get one some day, all I want for now is a board to use as an input method while playing against fritz or online, it doesn't need to be made from a combination of wood from the true cross and horn of the last white rhino with pieces carved from the femurs of still living grandmasters, plastic will do!

Technically it cannot be difficult, I cannot be the only one that wants a reasonably priced sensory board, even if some of the tabletop electronic boards had a proper interface it would do nicely. I had high hopes for the novag diamond until I read the thread here.

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Alternative to DGT board for use with Fritz?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:49 pm 
stormer wrote:
Does anyone know of an alternative i.e. cheaper alternative to the DGT board for use with fritz?

While I would love a DGT board and will get one some day, all I want for now is a board to use as an input method while playing against fritz or online, it doesn't need to be made from a combination of wood from the true cross and horn of the last white rhino with pieces carved from the femurs of still living grandmasters, plastic will do!

Technically it cannot be difficult, I cannot be the only one that wants a reasonably priced sensory board, even if some of the tabletop electronic boards had a proper interface it would do nicely. I had high hopes for the novag diamond until I read the thread here.

The development of the DGT board and software and Fritz have gone hand in hand. Fritz 5.00 was the first to go along with the board, or better, DGT and ChessBase chose each other. They have been faithful to each other until this day.

Additional problem is that DGT has pretty much become the standard in electronic chessboard land. If you're no programmer, and you can't translate the board output to the program, you're stuck with the DGT-board choice.

I know of Shredder UCI having an option for the Smartboard as well, but that's about it.

Pawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:44 pm 
So it looks like I will be selling next doors dog's kidneys on ebay then!

(secretly happy in a "damn, looks like I have to buy the sports car after all because people carriers don't come in that colour" sort of way)

Post subject: Re: Alternative to DGT board for use with Fritz?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:32 pm 
http://blog.chess.com/fragilio/building ... -for-lt-10
http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-e ... hess-board

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-e ... -usb-chess

take a loook at links maybe what you are looking for.

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]