The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Pawn

Post subject: how to improve the game of my school chess teammates
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 am 
hi guys i m a 1832 fide rated player and have a consistent record of upseting 1900-2000 rated player since my rating was made 1659 2 years ago( i also have a draw against a 2146 rated ) . i m also a member of my state U-19 chess team and have represented my state in SGFI nationals twice and i m also a U-19 haryana state chess champion (i came 2 nd)
my problem is that after 20 days there is a cbse clusters team chess tournament and since it is for schools only ( i hve to get my school chess team) i cannot have my state vhess team which is a very strong one. though we have a chess team it is not that strong one of my freinds who used to practice with me have a game level of 1700 but his openings r not clear if he gets opening well he carries on a nice game. the other two members r just around 1500 rated. so i m in a fix to how to get this team ready for the tournament pls help

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: how to improve the game of my school chess teammates
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:10 am 
Hi,

That is the age old problem - how to improve quickly in chess. ChessCentral has many articles on chess improvement and you can find them here:

http://www.chesscentral.com/Chess%20Kno ... _a/275.htm

Steve has done an amazing blog series on chess improvement and that can be found:

http://chesscentral.wordpress.com/categ ... struction/

In the end we love using chess software to build and improve chess skills. You can get chess software for a specific opening or just a general overview of the opening. I believe the reason that chess players under age 18 nowadays have out-classed the same age group from 10 years ago is the advent of chess software. Not only does it help build your skills, but it is fun to work with.

Here is a chess software buying guide that might help you zero in on the right software for you and your team mates:

http://www.chesscentral.com/Chess_Softw ... _a/141.htm

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:07 am 
It looks you'll have to tutor them as quickly as possible, seeing as you're the best out of your team! Well, if your teammates don't mind reading you could check out some chess websites like chess.com, beginnerchess.org or learnplaychess.net. Personally, I would go with learnplaychess.net since it's easy to navigate and to read through the articles. Good luck with the tournament! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 pm 
I think Ichessu.com is the best website to learn Chess online. Here they are offering courses as per the learning requirements of the chess players. This helps the young chess players to understand the chess game in a better way.

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]