The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:52 pm 
I agree with Jeroen that blitz is poor training for beginners, but can be useful to experienced players.

Although blitz is not always as pleasurable as fine whiskey, sometimes it is less harmful. I play it to get my fix when it is not my turn in enough correspondence games, and I play it when I need a drink before noon. :twisted:

The concerns about internet cheating border on paranoia. Most people don't have the time or inclination to learn to cheat and get away with it. The others quickly lose interest. Yes, there is cheating every day in internet chess. But with millions of games played every day, how many cheat? Infidelity is far more common.

Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:48 pm 
Wulebgr wrote:
I agree with Jeroen that blitz is poor training for beginners, but can be useful to experienced players.

Although blitz is not always as pleasurable as fine whiskey, sometimes it is less harmful. I play it to get my fix when it is not my turn in enough correspondence games, and I play it when I need a drink before noon. :twisted:

The concerns about internet cheating border on paranoia. Most people don't have the time or inclination to learn to cheat and get away with it. The others quickly lose interest. Yes, there is cheating every day in internet chess. But with millions of games played every day, how many cheat? Infidelity is far more common.

I agree with the cheating aspect, now. I am involve in many correspondence games presently and it is obvious there isnt one cheat amongst them.

Pawn

Post subject: Re: Why Blitz Chess??
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:41 am 
Hi friends,

GM Igor Smirnov, present ICC Blitz Rating 3091 (best 3212) with ID Charodej shares his blitz chess secrets in video lesson "How to break 3000 blitz rating" free at

http://chessthinkingsystems.blogspot.com/

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2