The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:00 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Did you like how the voting was organized?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It was OK 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
Pawn

Post subject: Magnus vs the World Opinion
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:05 pm 
What did you guys think of the Raw Chess Challenge, Magnus vs the world?
I thought the organization of the voting needs a lot of work, it seem that half of the time the website was hanging up. But I really enjoyed playing in it, and I hope they could do these matches more often. Maybe select stronger GMs to pick the moves to.

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline

Post subject: Re: Magnus vs the World Opinion
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:41 pm 
elterremoto wrote:
What did you guys think of the Raw Chess Challenge, Magnus vs the world?
I thought the organization of the voting needs a lot of work, it seem that half of the time the website was hanging up. But I really enjoyed playing in it, and I hope they could do these matches more often. Maybe select stronger GMs to pick the moves to.

I think the event was more about promoting chess than anything else. It was a shame that the servers at the official site struggled to cope with the number of visitors.

Kudos to the technical guys at Chess.com for creating software that powered the event.

I'm not sure you could get much stronger GMs though! They were really good. I think it's just that it's difficult for a team to play with a coherent plan against one individual...especially if that individual is Magnus Carlsen! 8)

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:50 am 
SonOfPearl wrote:
I think the event was more about promoting chess than anything else. It was a shame that the servers at the official site struggled to cope with the number of visitors.

Wow! I remember when IBM's web site was constantly crashing due to overload during the second Kasparov-Deep Blue match (and occasionally for some weeks afterward). You would think that more businesses would sit up and take notice of the promotional opportunities presented by chess...

Pawn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:06 pm 
SonOfPearl wrote:

Kudos to the technical guys at Chess.com for creating software that powered the event.

I'm not sure you could get much stronger GMs though! They were really good. I think it's just that it's difficult for a team to play with a coherent plan against one individual...especially if that individual is Magnus Carlsen! 8)

I guess you are right about the strenght of the opponents. Team play is really hard, it's hard to implement a plan everyone pulling their own way.
Maybe it would be more competitive if Magnus would suggest moves to the world vs 3 players haha just kidding.

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]