The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:02 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline

Post subject: Attila Turzo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:47 pm 
Dear Players,

I would like to introduce myself to the community. I was born in Kecskemét, Hungary in 1978. I got a chess set from my maternal grand father around age 6. My step father taught me the moves. Nearly every weekend I was at my other grandparent’s house playing chess with my grand father. When I lost, I usually cried.

At age seven, I had a chess course in school. The teacher noticed my talent and invited me to train at the local chess club. There I had two group training sessions weekly. Each lasted two hours. One hour of study and one hour of 5-minute games with the other children. This lasted until around age fourteen. From age ten to twenty I won many junior championships. I was champion of my city and county at various times.

I played in the Hungarian top adult team league at age twelve in the team of my home town. I changed to team Miskolc at age fifteen and won the Hungarian team championship five times. When I was eighteen, I moved to Miskolc. My new trainer, Tibor Karolyi, helped me to become an international master at age eighteen. I became Hungarian junior champion at age twenty.

I began to teach children and play for the team as my full time profession at age 18. I gave individual lessons, group lessons to the 2nd team, and lectures in schools. From age eighteen, I played only a few tourna­ments and concentrated on teaching.

In 2001 I became one of the first chess teachers on the net. I gave hundreds of simuls and worked for several internet chess companies, including ICC, World Chess Network, and USCL. I won the Unna Open 2003 International Tournament in Germany with a perfect 7/7 score and a better than 2700 rating performance.

I created teaching videos for ChessLecture.com. I worked full time for ChessPark.com between 2006-2009. I resumed se rious chess in September 2009 and started to teach again. I won a closed international master tourney in Bu­dapest in December 2009.

Some miles stones of my chess career:

started at age 7
more then 20 gold medals in scholastic tournaments.
International Master at age 18
Hungarian Junior Champion at age 19
represented Hungary in 2 Junior World Championships and a European Junior Championship
Winning the Unna open 2003 tournament in Germany with a perfect 7/7 score and a 2700+ rating performance
1st place in more then 10 international tournaments
I was the first commentator on chess.fm first internet chess radio.
I started to coach players when I was 16 years old
one of the first chess coaches who started to teach online in 2001.
I wish you a blessed day!

Attila

International Chess Master

webpage: http://attilaturzo.com/

You can follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/AttilaTurzo

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]