The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:43 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Chess site that allows me to save moves?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:54 pm 
I'm brand new to chess and I'm getting killed.
I need a site that has a way for me to save my games and replay them, so I can start to get a look at what my mistakes are.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chess site that allows me to save moves?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:47 pm 
The two sites that I've been using (for lack of experience, as I am new again to chess after a 15 year absence), Chess.com and Yahoo, both allow for "saving" of games. I don't know if Yahoo has a game replayer, but they allow you to email the moves to yourself after the game. Chess.com allows both replay of the game and emailing of the game moves to yourself, as well as analysis of your game for certain subscription types (useful if you don't have chess software for game analysis on your computer). I've also played a few times on Bereg's chess club site, where you can walk through your past games. I assume that other chess sites, such as the Internet Chess Club, Chessknot and RedHotPawn, all provide the same general functionality that Chess.com provides.

I hope that helps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:01 pm 
Thank you, I wasn't aware that Yahoo had a way for you to email the games.

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm 
Whale wrote:
Thank you, I wasn't aware that Yahoo had a way for you to email the games.

And after you've received the moves via e-mail, you can cut and paste them into Fritz/ChessBase/ChessBase Light to replay them on the on-screen chessboard. Just highlight the moves in the e-mail and hit CTRL-C to copy them to the Windows Clipboard, then open a new game in any of the above programs and hit CTRL-V to paste the moves.

User avatar  Offline
Pawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 pm 
Geekswithchess.com saves all your games in PGN format. You can than view your game history and paste the PGN into any PGN Viewer to replay the game.

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]