The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Knight

Post subject: I am looking for a correspondence chess server
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:46 pm 
I am looking for a Correspondence Chess server that I can:

1. Join for free
2. Create a tournament with some friends of mine and no other people from the server can join.

Also I would like it to be friendly to use.

Thanks!

User avatar  Offline

Post subject: Re: I am looking for a correspondence chess server
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:20 pm 
Nexis72 wrote:
I am looking for a Correspondence Chess server that I can:

1. Join for free
2. Create a tournament with some friends of mine and no other people from the server can join.

Also I would like it to be friendly to use.

Thanks!

Chess.com is free to join and allows 'free' members to create a tournament (only one at a time) for up to 7 players. You must also have completed at least 5 correspondence games on the site to join a tournament.

More details about tournaments at Chess.com are here.

There may well be other sites offering this facility, but I know about Chess.com because I'm a paying member there. It's a very nice interface which is really easy to use and has lots of other cool features too (conditional moves, blogs, @chess.com email etc).

If you like the site and decide to join, don't forget to quote me as a referrer! :)

Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:58 pm 
Thank you for the reply. The option invite only is "no" in the free version.. So this might be a problem for the
"2. Create a tournament with some friends of mine and no other people from the server can join."
If I understand correctly what the invite only option means..

User avatar  Offline
King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:36 pm 
Nexis72 wrote:
Thank you for the reply. The option invite only is "no" in the free version.. So this might be a problem for the
"2. Create a tournament with some friends of mine and no other people from the server can join."

I think at the end of the day, all these sites will make you pay for full use of their facilities, these places need to make a profit after all :) a year's subscription to Chessworld.net is only £15.00 per year, might be worth just biting the bullet and getting your credit card out, if your that interested in playing in CC tourneys etc :D

Whatever you do don’t join Gamesknot.com though – they are absolute shysters on there – they let you join for free, then accuse you of having more than one account, freeze all your games, then insist you buy a membership as a ‘gesture of faith’ :roll: :lol:

User avatar  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:54 pm 
Nexis72 wrote:

Good point, but if you tell all your friends you are about to start a tournament, they can be ready to join quickly before anyone else does! :wink:

Rook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:20 am 
PlasticBishop.com meets all your criteria. I have been happily playing there since May 05 and recommend it.

User avatar  Offline
King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:39 pm 
Alastair_Allan wrote:
PlasticBishop.com meets all your criteria. I have been happily playing there since May 05 and recommend it.

Looks good :D - think I'll join that myself

Pawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:07 pm 
For my part I tried several

www.gameknot.com
www.chessworld.net (www.letsplaychess.com is the same)

and some other site that propose chess AND other games

www.itsyourturn.com
www.brainking.com
www.littlegolem.net

And now, I've been a member of chessworld for 5 years. Definitely the best in my opinion. I became member after a few months as a guest. Worth it. Many more features than gameknot, and much cheaper

User avatar  Offline
King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:48 am 
sofia wrote:
And now, I've been a member of chessworld for 5 years. Definitely the best in my opinion. I became member after a few months as a guest. Worth it. Many more features than gameknot, and much cheaper

I've let my Chessworld account go to pot now, haven't logged in for about a month, I bet my rating is about 900 or something, because I had loads of on-going games :roll: :lol:

Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:41 pm 
Well.. thank u all for your replies.. Plastic bishop is perfect. I joined an I am playing with my friends there..!

Pawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:46 pm 
Nasgard wrote:
sofia wrote:

I've let my Chessworld account go to pot now, haven't logged in for about a month, I bet my rating is about 900 or something, because I had loads of on-going games :roll: :lol:

Ouch... Time to connect lol

User avatar  Offline
King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:10 am 
sofia wrote:
Nasgard wrote:
sofia wrote:

Ouch... Time to connect lol

Lol we’ll I’ve logged on and my rating is pretty bad - though not as low as I’d imagined. I’ve challenged you to a couple of games if you fancy :)

And as for your High Heel website, lol do people pay for that?! Once you’ve seen one pic of feet in badly fitting high heels you’ve seen them all… right
:roll: :wink:

Pawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:39 am 
lol, goal is absolutely not to make money, fortunately lol It was hubby's excuse to ask me for shootings... He's fan of heels, and achieved to convert me lol
Well, so long we have enough to pay the hosting and domain, all ok for me :D
But I have to rectify. "Badly fitting" is not for me ;) Neither for my queen on the chessboard 8)

User avatar  Offline
King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:34 pm 
sofia wrote:
lol, goal is absolutely not to make money, fortunately lol It was hubby's excuse to ask me for shootings... He's fan of heels, and achieved to convert me lol
Well, so long we have enough to pay the hosting and domain, all ok for me :D
But I have to rectify. "Badly fitting" is not for me ;) Neither for my queen on the chessboard 8)

Well the ones the black ones on your Chessworld profile don’t look bad at all actually :wink:

I suppose I’m just not a heel man :lol:

Pawn

Post subject: Re: I am looking for a correspondence chess server
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 am 
Hello,

My hubby recently created my own site to play chess, but also variants, and others games like pente, gomoku,...
The site is totally functional, even if he's gonna add new games, new chessvariants, new layouts, more player search possibilities and filter and so on.
There is a free membership with allow the player to play up to 20 games at the same time, without any restriction concerning the number of moves per day...
problem, is that there is not so many active players yet, but we count to develop this part too.
However, feel free to try it and have a game with me (sofiaheels) or hubby (dragonheels).
it's not mentioned on the site, but in order to get a solid basis of regular player, we have a promo for now, offering lifetime membership for 12 euros, quite nothing.
Otherwise, it will be 12 euro a year. At the beginning. With time we'll see
http://www.dragonhelslair.com

But free members are most welcome too of course :D , so please do not hesitate to have a look.

Tournaments can normally be created by full members only and join by everyone, but if you wish, we can allow you to create one to play your friends. if it allows us to get players, all ok :)
Tournaments can be protected by a password so u're sure nobody comes in, if you didn't tell them the password...

Sofia

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]