The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:02 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Knight

Post subject: a6 Slav
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:15 am 
Hi all,
Does anyone play this 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc3 a6 ? I've just got the Andrew Martin DVD and the Flear book. I'm part way through the DVD and find it very intriguing. This seems to be a popular opening at the top level but still with much unchartered territory. Does anyone have any experience of this opening from either side ?

The Mtel tournamnet that is on at present has seen Kamsky play a couple of off-beat lines in the Slav as Black. I know he's played the a6 line before, so hopefully some more before the tournament finishes !

All the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:49 pm 
Hi, I have some experienced with this opening. I play on a Danish server (since I'm danish) and the latest fashion in the opening is using the queens gambit. I myself have also adopted this and plays the queens gambit very often.

After some time where I was black and my opponent used the queens gambit against me, I began to use the slav with a6 and have had somewhat proper results of it. It leads to a more exciting game if you ask me ;)

I don't know if I have any good advice really, but I can show you a record of one of my own games, if you have time you can look at it and see if it appeals to you:

1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc3 a6 5.e3 e6 6.Bd3 c5 7.cxd5 exd5 8.O-O Nc6 9. Bd2 c4 10.Be2 Bd7 11. b3 b5 (note the stability a6 gives for black at this point ^^) 12. bxc4 bxc4 13.Qc2 Bb4 14.Ne5 Bd6 15. Nxd7 Qxd7 16. Bf3....

Sorry that I don't have more, but time is late and I need to get to bed :P hope you could use some of it :wink:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]