The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:10 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Pawn

Post subject: I'm learning the Queen's Gambit Declined.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:51 pm 
I need information on:

a) The most important lines
b) Key ideas and strategies

I'd appreciate links to websites which contain such information - the more comprehensive, the better.

I picked this opening because it led to positional play, does not require me to study lots of theory, and makes it difficult for Black to avoid my preparation. Based on these factors, do you think the English is a good opening choice?

Pawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:45 am 
The Queens Gambit Decline can only be played if your opponent plays the Queens Gambit...

I think you should take your time and look at the French Defence which leads to a similar position.

User avatar  Offline
Pawn

Post subject: I'm learning the Queen's Gambit Declined.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:01 pm 
I think this is a great opening. If you're a french player, the pawn structures observed in these openings are quite similar and compliment each other.

User avatar  Offline
Pawn

Post subject: QGD;
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:29 pm 
I like some of the Semiā€“Slav lines! :D

King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:20 am 
Tarrasch Defense FTW

User avatar  Offline
King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:18 pm 
Just stay away from the Marshall defence :!: :lol: An ECF: 135 played it against me OTB a couple of weeks ago (I couldn't believe it) after 3...Nxd5 I followed up with the immediate 4. e4 (which isn't actually recommended) then after 4...Nf6 I went for 5. e5 (an innovation of Ray Keene - stopping blacks only real threat of getting e5 in himself at some stage) and went on to win comfortably.

The man I played was getting on in years a bit, and part of me thinks he thought I'd played something else, when he went for 2...Nf6 because after 3.cxd5 he seemed to look confused and studied for a good 10 minutes - still a wins a win :lol:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]