The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:45 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Newbie PDF to Fritz ebook help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:05 pm 
Hi,
I have a PDF file over 3 years ago and decided to study it. Would like to convert this into a Fritz ebook to study with the computer. Currently, at a road block and appreciate a simple usage insight.

I am given a pdf image position. I manage to input into fritz 12 and I can see the position setup. I am also able to save this in fritz. Now, the pdf document shows the ending 7 moves. I manage to extract as an asii clipboard (or copy: 49.Qc1 Rxc2
50.Qxc2 g5 51.hxg5+ Bxg5 52.Qd2 h4 53.gxh4 Bxh4 54.Kc2 Qf1 55.Qa5 Qd3+ 0-1). Would like to paste into fritz as moves and thus be able to see the moves display (animated or annotated) on the fritz board as moves. Currently, I paste as a text before (try also text after move) and thus it does not acknowledge as game moves but rather as text.

Appreciate your help. And I hope u understand how I want to make a pdf into a fritz ebook and to be able to accomplish easily. Tx

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Newbie PDF to Fritz ebook help
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:19 pm 
scrt wrote:
Hi,
I have a PDF file over 3 years ago and decided to study it. Would like to convert this into a Fritz ebook to study with the computer. Currently, at a road block and appreciate a simple usage insight.

I am given a pdf image position. I manage to input into fritz 12 and I can see the position setup. I am also able to save this in fritz. Now, the pdf document shows the ending 7 moves. I manage to extract as an asii clipboard (or copy: 49.Qc1 Rxc2
50.Qxc2 g5 51.hxg5+ Bxg5 52.Qd2 h4 53.gxh4 Bxh4 54.Kc2 Qf1 55.Qa5 Qd3+ 0-1). Would like to paste into fritz as moves and thus be able to see the moves display (animated or annotated) on the fritz board as moves. Currently, I paste as a text before (try also text after move) and thus it does not acknowledge as game moves but rather as text.

Appreciate your help. And I hope u understand how I want to make a pdf into a fritz ebook and to be able to accomplish easily. Tx

If you copy the sequence 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 , open a Fritz board and paste with pressing CTRL-V or HOME > PASTE GAME the moves should appear. If you have set up the correct position and then paste in the remaining moves with CTRL-V they should appear also. Fritz however does not provide error messages. If there's something wrong in the sequence or setup (did you specify the correct side to move? castling etc.?) it won't show anything.

If that doesn't work, maybe you can post the position, we can look into it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]