The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Pawn

Post subject: ChessBase PGN Viewer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm 
I have an old (Windows XP 2000) and new laptop (Windows 7). I use Fritz 12. I have practice games sent to me as attachments in PGN format. I downloaded a PGN viewer, a free version of ChessBase, on my old LT and it can open and read the attachments using ChessBase viewer and a nice Fritz game board interface appears. Problem: Before downloading the ChessBase PGN viewer on my new LT, I tried opening the PGN file and couldn't. So, I changed the format to Word Pad and I didn't of course get the interface I needed. I then downloaded the ChessBase PGN viewer on the new LT. I could then open the PGN attachment and the Fritz board appeared . However, when I went back the next day, I could not open the PGN file on the new LT and a dialogue box indicated an error occured and that I couldn't access the database (chess PGN games attachments). I again corrected this but after a short time the new LT wouldn't open the files and again the dialogue appears that an error has occured and the database can't be accessed.
I know that you can change file formats by right clicking on an attachment and that you should be able to open a program in a different format.
I feel that with the new LT the problem is that I didn't have the ChessBase PNG viewer installed with I initially tried to open and couldn't and then converted that attachment to a Word Pad document. Recall, the I first downloaded the chessBase viewer on the old LT before opening the PGN attachement and all is well.
Suggestion? It is funny that the new LT has on three occasons worked with ChessBase viewer and accessed the PGN files.

Profile E-mail  

Pawn

Post subject: Re: ChessBase PGN Viewer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:34 pm 
I finally got smart and now can open and have full functions with Fritz 12. :wink:

Cheers,

Ed

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]