The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: ChessBase 11 Now Shipping at ChessCentral
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:39 pm 
Get you new ChessBase 11 Database management software today!

http://www.chesscentral.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=chessbase+11

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: ChessBase 11 to be released in October!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 am 
You can see a video of ChessBase 11 here (Narrated by yours truly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onBwkws-mbM

User avatar  Offline
Pawn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 am 
Steve:

1) How is the ChessBase 11 upgrade different from the Premium, Starter or Mega packages?

2) Is there anything that is missing by upgrading from ChessBase 10 to ChessBase 11?

3) What is meant by “you have returned your CB10 registration number”?

4) If money is no issue :? , would you upgrade or buy the Premium, Starter or Mega package new?
(keep in mind I own Mega 2011)

KnightMare

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:53 am 
KnightMare wrote:
Steve:

1) How is the ChessBase 11 upgrade different from the Premium, Starter or Mega packages?

2) Is there anything that is missing by upgrading from ChessBase 10 to ChessBase 11?

3) What is meant by “you have returned your CB10 registration number”?

4) If money is no issue :? , would you upgrade or buy the Premium, Starter or Mega package new?
(keep in mind I own Mega 2011)

KnightMare

First, here's the list of new CB11 stuff straight from ChessBase:

Quote:
New CB11 functions:

* One click annotates your game with the “Theoretical Novelty”. This is done very fast and very reliably by accessing the online database.
* "Try out" moves: if you hold down the mouse button, the program will indicate the strongest reply with an arrow, even when the main engine is running. The longer you hang on to the piece, the more accurate the calculation of the expected counter-move.
*Training questions work more smoothly (moving straight to the next question/game)
*Immediate access to the repertoire database, the latest database and the running database (automatic history) from the board window.
*Layout of reference database and online database ergonomically adjusted to the screen format.

Database management:
*New database symbols.
*Simplified access to the local network.
*The date of creation of a database is shown.
*Rarely used symbols in "My databases" are suppressed when they have not been used for some months.
*Delete folders with Windows animation and without need of confirmation for every subfolder.
*Deletion of game files in a database optionally to the recycle bin.

Database list:
*Single click publishing of games on the Internet. No need to have your own website, but they can embedded everywhere using a function-rich Silverlight client.
*Embedded board for smoother overview of games: all four arrow keys can be used to search through a database without opening a board window.
*A new column "Theoretical weighting" to determine the theoretical relevance of a game.
*3D-presentation of piece probability statistics are now implemented in DirectX (nicer graphics).
*A single click to show only the strong games.
*Direct search for players.

General:
*Better access for the MegaBase Update Subscription: Clear overview of all shipments with a display of their contents (tournaments, strong players, etc.). Direct access of individual shipments.
*Generates e-books in the epub + mobi formats  (for Amazon Kindle and Sony Reader)
*Repertoire database completely re-worked (including automatic arrangement of the games in it)
*Clustering of databases (collects frequently played variations in opening survey games)
*New compact database format .cbone with only one file (server games), which can be opened directly without archiving/unpacking.
*Opening report re-worked (using the new reference display instead of trees and is thus more light-weight to create)

Server:
*A player’s last 40 games can be downloaded as a database (if the player has chosen to have them visible).

1 & 2) An upgrade gets you the new ChessBase program at a reduced price -- no database.

3) That's German for "You've provided your registration number". :lol: In other words, no "My dog ate my registration number -- can I get a cheaper upgrade anyway?" stories will be accepted. (Don't laugh -- I get daily requests for "free" software and activation codes with all kinds of interesting narratives accompanying the requests)

4) If money was no object, I'd buy the company. :wink: Obviously, I'd have to say Premium, because the extras are pretty useful: Fritz Turbo Endgame, Correspondence Database 2011 (which I was using just yesterday, come to think of it), the latest Mega Database, and a year's worth of ChessBase Magazine.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]