The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:42 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Pawn

Post subject: Initial Position When Opening Game In ChessBase 10
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:00 am 
Hi,

I'm new to ChessBase, having just recently purchased ChessBase 10. I was wondering if there was a way I could get my games to automatically jump to a certain position, or to the end of the game, when I open them from database? I've seen examples of this in databases that came with the program.

Thanks,
Tim

Pawn

Post subject: Re: Initial Position When Opening Game In ChessBase 10
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:16 am 
Does anyone have an answer? If this is not the correct forum, what forum should I be posting questions regarding ChessBase and Fritz? Thank you.

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:55 pm 
tjbuege wrote:
Does anyone have an answer? If this is not the correct forum, what forum should I be posting questions regarding ChessBase and Fritz? Thank you.

As far as I know the only way to have ChessBase open a game at a certain position is to store that as a position, or use the search mask to look for a position or special annotation going with that position. There's no item "open game at move x or y".

User avatar  Offline
King

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:47 pm 
A simple answer from a simple user: Once you got your game in the notation window, simply click a move there and the game jumps to the position after that move. To jump to the end click the last move. :D

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]