The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Pawn

Post subject: Chess Player With Disabilities
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:29 pm 
Just out of curiousity. Do anybody feel very comfortable playing player with disabilities? For example I'm a chess player who diagonised with ADHD. And no matter who I played everybody accepted me of who I am. Regardless of my ADHD. So how do any of you feel about this? :?: :?: :?:

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline

Post subject: Re: Chess Player With Disabilities
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:50 pm 
Bartmanhomer wrote:
Just out of curiousity. Do anybody feel very comfortable playing player with disabilities? For example I'm a chess player who diagonised with ADHD. And no matter who I played everybody accepted me of who I am. Regardless of my ADHD. So how do any of you feel about this? :?: :?: :?:

I think that chess is a great leveller. Whether you are young or old, male or female, fat or thin, short or tall, fit or unfit, able bodied or disabled, sighted or blind you can still play chess against anyone else on a (pretty much) level playing field.

If chess has taught me anything about the wider world, it's to make me realise that everyone has their own abilities, their strengths and weakness - you just have to take time to find out what they are. Since chess has few requirements beyond a logical mind, it is a field where someone's talent can shine through even if they have disadvantages that prevent them from achieving excellence in some other areas.

I think most players I've met would have no issue with playing a game of chess with anyone, regardless of any sort of disability they have.

Pawn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:28 pm 
SonOfPearl wrote:
Bartmanhomer wrote:

I think that chess is a great leveller. Whether you are young or old, male or female, fat or thin, short or tall, fit or unfit, able bodied or disabled, sighted or blind you can still play chess against anyone else on a (pretty much) level playing field.

If chess has taught me anything about the wider world, it's to make me realise that everyone has their own abilities, their strengths and weakness - you just have to take time to find out what they are. Since chess has few requirements beyond a logical mind, it is a field where someone's talent can shine through even if they have disadvantages that prevent them from achieving excellence in some other areas.

I think most players I've met would have no issue with playing a game of chess with anyone, regardless of any sort of disability they have.

Thank you for the comment. SonofPearl. I wish that everybody have the same quality as you. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:44 am 
SonOfPearl wrote:
Bartmanhomer wrote:

thats great :wink:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]