The Chess Exchange

The Chess Exchange - To Your Chess Success!

Skip to content

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 am 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: 7 8 or more pieces tablebase generator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 pm 
I'm new member to this site, so I would like to say a big hello

I am an endgame enthusiast. When I first knew of Nalimov tablebases I was so impressed that a tool could play chess perfectly, that I decided to develop my own tablebase generator.

Depending on the position caracteristics, it can resolve positions with up to 7 or 8 pieces. Even more for pawn endgames.

In my real job, I work as a computer engineer for Airbus, in Toulouse, France. It took me 4 years to develop this tool in my leisure time.

If you are interested, I invite you to visit my website

http://www.mtu-media.com/finalgen

Try it, it's easy to use, and free!

Pedro Pérez Romero

Profile E-mail  

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: 7 8 or more pieces tablebase generator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 pm 
pPerez wrote:
I'm new member to this site, so I would like to say a big hello

I am an endgame enthusiast. When I first knew of Nalimov tablebases I was so impressed that a tool could play chess perfectly, that I decided to develop my own tablebase generator.

Depending on the position caracteristics, it can resolve positions with up to 7 or 8 pieces. Even more for pawn endgames.

In my real job, I work as a computer engineer for Airbus, in Toulouse, France. It took me 4 years to develop this tool in my leisure time.

If you are interested, I invite you to visit my website

http://www.mtu-media.com/finalgen

Try it, it's easy to use, and free!

Pedro Pérez Romero

Cool. It told me my ten piece position took about 700 hours to solve and 1TB of space. Amazingly, it would fit snugly :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 pm 
Hi

A 10 piece position is too complex to be solved by FinalGen in a reasonable period of time, but in further versions compression and multi-process handling will improve performance a lot.

Pedro Pérez

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:58 pm 
Hi

The Version 1.1 of Finalgen has been released, with the following enhancements:
1- A new status "Unsolved" was introduced to differentiate unsolved positions from non-generated ones. Next moves of unsolved positions are available.
2- New Copy/Paste FEN buttons. Although no GUI modifications were initially planned, many people asked for those buttons, and this is the reason why they were implemented.

Pedro

Profile E-mail  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]